Monday, February 14, 2022

Miscommunication

The following is a journal entry I wrote on September 25:

Communication: sometimes it just doesn't occur with the best of accuracy here. The ladies in the Tuesday morning prayer group are all praying for my sister and her husband because I didn't make clear that it is their daughter and her family who have CoVid.  Probably because I began by talking about "my sister" rather than "my niece."

Miscommunication led to yesterday's adventure. Hammer told me at lunch that he had heard that a friend had died and that he was going to visit the family at their village. It would be about a 6-hour trip; did I want to go? Since I'm tired of sitting around the house, I accepted the invitation.

I am glad I went. Our destination, Adangbé was in a new direction, so I got to see some new towns and villages. Here is a picture of the map:

Prior to this trip, I had been only in Aného, Vogan, Togoville, Lomé, and Vo Asso. But on this day we went past Vo Asso to Tabligo and then turned off the main road there.

Some of the interesting sites were: an orphanage built by Muslims--a very nice structure--a cement plant, which werves not only all of Togo, but five other countries--Ghana, Burkina Faso, Mali, Benin, and Niger or Nigeria (I think).

Hammer had not been to the village in a while, so we stopped first at the wrong one. He asked for directions from a person he saw there. The person was going to this house.


When we arrived at Adangbe, Hammer had to ask for directions to the man's family's house. The village street was not wide enough for the truck, so I sat and watched the goats and people.

After about thirty minutes, Hammer returned with the news that his friend was still alive. It was the friend's senior (older) brother who had died. Would Hammer have gone to the village had he known the facts? I don't know, but the two men who came to the car with him seemed delighted to have seen Hammer again. And I got to see some new things. So God blessed us even with the miscommunication, as I am certain He will do when he answers the prayers of the ladies for my sister!

        








No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Buddies and a Photo-bomber

 In earlier posts I discussed my favorite little guy, Dieu-Donné, the very close runner-up, Gilbert. They both like to come lean on my lap, ...