Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Water

 I was just thinking yesterday morning (Tuesday) that I should probably refresh the water in my buckets. I was even thinking that I could just empty them, since we were now getting rain frequently and so there was no need for the water company to cut us off.

I'm glad I didn't follow through on my thought, especially since I could easily have emptied the buckets in the morning and refilled them in the afternoon. The water was turned off yesterday morning. It is still off now--Wednesday afternoon. We are thankful that the school cooks were able to get enough water to fix yesterday's lunch and that there is no lunch on Wednesdays. We pray that service will be restored before tomorrow. I have a bit of selfishness in that prayer. Thursday is my laundry day, and I would like to have clean clothes!

I don't cook at home, as you know, so I just need water for washing and for flushing the toilet. I took a bucket bath this morning, and so now I have about half of my water left. Tomorrow I may have to pick and choose which parts to wash.

Dela said that she would have Viviane fetch me some water. The boys went and got some for that house. I don't know where they go, but I caught them on the way back and got their picture.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Buddies and a Photo-bomber

 In earlier posts I discussed my favorite little guy, Dieu-Donné, the very close runner-up, Gilbert. They both like to come lean on my lap, ...