Thursday, January 20, 2022

It's all relative

You know I am cold-natured to an extreme. You may have thought that it was impossible to be any more so than I. Read on.



I woke up this morning (Jan 20) to a cool morning. Not only was the temperature bearable, lovely breezes made it a very pleasant day. Because the Internet was not working at my house, I was not able to check the temperature until I arrived at Hammer and Dela's place. According to the app on my phone, it was 75 degrees.

Having seen people wear long sleeves and sweaters in the mornings, I was interested in seeing how many of the kindergartners would be bundled up, even worrying a bit because I was a bit late and thought that some would take their sweaters off upon arrival at school. So imagine my surprise when I walked in and discovered that, out of 14 kindergartners, there were 10 in hoodies, 2 in sweatshirts, and only 2 just in their shirtsleeves. Not only that, most of the children had their hoods up. And they were doing P.E.!

Later, little Espoir (the 6-month old son of the first-grade teacher) came to visit. He, too, was bundled up: long pants and sleeves, socks, and a little stocking cap on his head. 

I guess, when the daily temperatures are in the mid- to high-nineties, 75 is chilly. But I kept asking the children, "Aren't you hot? Would you like me to take your hoodie off for you?" And got no takers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Buddies and a Photo-bomber

 In earlier posts I discussed my favorite little guy, Dieu-DonnĂ©, the very close runner-up, Gilbert. They both like to come lean on my lap, ...