Friday, January 28, 2022

Going to the funeral

 The last word I heard concerning the funeral was that those going were supposed to meet at 5:00 a.m. in order to leave on time. So when I woke up this morning at 5:15, I uttered a little prayer that they would be off to a good start and for God's protection throughout the whole journey to Ghana.

I arrived at the house between 6:45 and 7:00, and the sight below greeted me:



You guessed it: the van and all the things that were to be packed on top of the van. I spent the next 45 minutes or so standing and watching the work. Some of the women had been at the house cooking all night, but, as time passed, more church members came to join the group. Hammer was there, handing out jackets, because Dela's home town is in the mountains and can be cold. There was a bit of a festive atmosphere. I imagine, for some of the group (mostly women), they don't get an over night trip that often and that is why. I didn't want to miss the departure, but I was getting hungry so I went inside to eat. No worries, I had time to eat and still see them pulling out, which they did at 8:15!


Just a postscript on Solange's sister's funeral. I asked her about it today. Solange will be going to her village this afternoon and be there tomorrow. The funeral ceremony will be small, because her sister was little.

Please pray for both families!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Buddies and a Photo-bomber

 In earlier posts I discussed my favorite little guy, Dieu-Donné, the very close runner-up, Gilbert. They both like to come lean on my lap, ...